Zoroaster (Hindi: ज़रथुश्त्र, Bengali: জরথুস্ত্র) was the founder of Zoroastrianism. In this article we’ll make a collection of Swami Vivekananda‘s quotes and comments on Zoroaster and Zoroastrianism.
- Buddha taught five hundred years before Christ, and his words were full of blessings: never a curse came from his lips, nor from his life; never one from Zoroaster, nor from Confucius.[Source]
- I am proud to belong to the religion which has sheltered and is still fostering the remnant of the grand Zoroastrian nation.
- May He who is the Brahman of the Hindus, the Ahura-Mazda of the Zoroastrians, the Buddha of the Buddhists, the Jehovah of the Jews, the Father in Heaven of the Christians, give strength to you to carry out your noble idea! The star arose in the East; it travelled steadily towards the West, sometimes dimmed and sometimes effulgent, till it made a circuit of the world; and now it is again rising on the very horizon of the East, the borders of the Sanpo, a thousandfold more effulgent than it ever was before.[Source]
- Only one religion of the world — an ancient, great religion — has dwindled away, and that is the religion of Zoroastrianism, the religion of the ancient Persians.[Source]
- Outside India, we find the great-souled Zoroaster bringing down the light of knowledge from above to the mortal world.[Source]
- The three older ones, Hinduism, Judaism and Zoroastrianism, never sought to make converts.[Source]
- Three religions now stand in the world which have came down to us from time prehistoric — Hinduism, Zoroastrianism and Judaism. They have all received tremendous shocks and all of them prove by their survival their internal strength.[Source]
- Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed are great personalities who incarnated themselves for the fulfilment of some special mission; so also did the Incarnations of God mentioned by the Pauranika sages.[Source]
- Zoroaster was a reformer of some old religion. Even Ormuzd and Ahriman with him were not supreme; they were only manifestations of the Supreme.[Source]