In this website we have been preparing a series of Swami Vivekananda‘s motivational and inspiring quotations. Now, in this article you’ll find a collection of Swamiji’s quotations where he told, nothing is impossible for man, he can do anything and everything.
Note: In internet forums one question is often asked— “What did Vivekananda mean when he said this: “You can do anything and everything.”?” (question asked at Quora) When Swami Vivekananda told— “you can do anything. . .”, it was never a one-liner comment like [No context] . . . you can do anything and everything. . . [End]. He himself explained what he meant. Hopefully the quotations (with context) below will clarify its meaning. You may add your comment or explanation in the comment section below. You may see the related articles too.
You can do anything and everything. . .
Swami Vivekananda told—
- All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. You can do anything and everything without even the guidance of any one. All power is there. Stand up and express the divinity within you.[Source]
- Believe you can do everything. Know that the Lord is with us, and so, onward, brave souls![Source]
- Never lose faith in yourself, you can do anything in this universe. Never weaken, all power is yours.[Source]
- Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin — to say that you are weak, or others are weak.[Source]
- The history of the world is the history of a few men who had faith in themselves. That faith calls out the divinity within. You can do anything. You fail only when you do not strive sufficiently to manifest infinite power. As soon as a man or a nation loses faith, death comes.[Source]
- The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. Teach men of the strength that is already within them. Instead of telling them they are sinners, the Vedanta takes the opposite position, and says, “You are pure and perfect, and what you call sin does not belong to you.” Sins are very low degrees of Self-manifestation; manifest your Self in a high degree. That is the one thing to remember; all of us can do that. Never say, “No”, never say, “I cannot”, for you are infinite. Even time and space are as nothing compared with your nature. You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.[Source]
These are related articles. You may read these too.
✎ In the quotations above you read “Never lose faith in yourself. . .”, now you may read Swami Vivekananda’s quotations on faith
✎ You also read “The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. . .” Now you may read Swami Vivekananda’s quotations on strength and on weakness.