Hailed from Sahebganj in the Santal Parganas. Only child of parents, orphaned in childhood. Brilliant student, graduated with Hons. in Chemistry, securing first position in Calcutta University. First saw Holy Mother and Swami Brahmananda at Howrah Station. In 1919, Pasupati joined Belur Math and received mantradiksha from Swami Brahmananda. Later in 1923 Swami Shivanandaji gave him sannyasa-diksha and the name. In October 1932 he was sent to Buenos Aires, Argentina where he started the Ramakrishna Ashrama in March 1933. The swami did pioneering work in spreading the message of Sri Ramakrishna in Latin America till his passing away in 1973. He also authored several books in Spanish language.